In 2019, Spotify introduced a sleep timer function, enabling users of the Spotify mobile application to set a time limit on their usage and avoid draining their battery.
There are a bunch of methods to loosen up in bed after work or before sleep each day. A considerable amount of us enjoy streaming songs, audiobooks, or listening to a podcast from Spotify on our smartphone to unwind right before we go to sleep. In some cases, we may forget about turning off the songs or some other audio playback just before we fall asleep, and it turns out that we have to wake up with drowsiness to turn it off.
Here’s just how to utilize the sleep timer on Spotify, so you can tune in to your favored tracks without killing your battery.
How to set a sleep timer for Spotify on iPhone, iPad, Android
1. Launch the Spotify application on your iPhone or Android device. If needed, sign in to your Spotify account.
2. Select the song or podcast that you want to listen to.
3. Once you’re on the Now Playing screen, tap on the three-dot “…” menu located in the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll down and tap “Sleep timer,” and a new page will open.
5. Select a duration such as 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, up to 1 hour – for how long you want Spotify to play before it automatically turns off. After selecting a time limit, you’ll get a notification in the center of your screen notifying you that your sleep timer is set.
- You can set a sleep timer on Spotify to automatically turn off your music after a set amount of time.
- Spotify’s sleep timer application is great for making sure your phone’s battery doesn’t die overnight.
- However, you can only use Spotify’s sleep timer in the Spotify mobile app, not on a computer.